Pre-loved -> Re-loved = Community Love
As a social enterprise, our goal is to support this community. We continue to navigate and adapt to the many challenges and uncertainties of the COVID-19 crisis. While our doors have been closed, we’ve been busy preparing for opening day. Our stores will reopen for shopping on June 15, operating from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Our goal is for you to feel safe shopping with us for everyday household necessities and one-of-a-kind finds, and while dropping off reusable goods when responsibly decluttering your home.
With this in mind, we’re sharing some of the actions we are taking to help ensure the health and wellbeing of our shoppers, our team members, and the communities we serve. The next time you are able to visit, your shopping and donating experience will look a bit different.
Here’s what you can expect when shopping at Re-Use-It and Re-Build-It:
- From 10 – 11 a.m., shopping will be designated for seniors and anyone with a vulnerable immune system.
- Hand sanitizer is available for every customer at the store entrance.
- We’ve removed merchandise displays on our sales floors for a safe shopping experience that supports physical distancing.
- Floor decals throughout our stores and at the check-out will make it easier for you to judge the proper physical distance from other shoppers.
- Stores will also limit the number of shoppers inside at any given time. Like other retailers, we’re also closing our fitting rooms to further protect your health and safety.
- At this time, we’d like to limit the number of people shopping to one per household for 30 minutes of shopping.
- We’re deep cleaning our stores daily and increasing the frequency of cleaning commonly touched surfaces, like check-out areas and shopping baskets. Hand sanitizer stations will be added for your comfort and convenience.
- Our team members will be wearing protective gear for their protection and yours when necessary.
- If you aren’t feeling well, we kindly ask that you stay home and take care of yourself. We’ll be here when you feel better.
- We will not have public washrooms available at this time.
- As a temporary measure, our team members will not handle shopper-supplied bags, though you can choose to pack up your purchases yourself at check-out.
We always want you, your fellow shoppers and our donors to feel welcome and have a great experience with us. Donations are now being accepted at both Re-Use-It and Re-Build-It centres seven days a week. For the safety of our staff, our community and our wildlife we ask that you DO NOT DUMP donations outside our scheduled hours (10 a.m. – 6 p.m.). Your donations make a huge difference in our community, build Whistler’s circular economy, and keep waste out of our landfill.
Thank you for your support as our teams work hard to make our stores and donation centres a safe place for community. We will continue to listen to advice from local health and government officials, as well as feedback from our team and our customers, as we consider how we can best serve you while helping to limit the spread of COVID-19. Your health and safety are what matters most.
Look out for one another and be kind, be calm, be safe.
Lots of love,
Your WCSS Store teams