Pre-loved -> Re-loved = Community Love
As a social enterprise, our goal is to support this community. We continue to navigate and adapt to the many challenges and uncertainties of the COVID-19 crisis. While our doors have been closed, we’ve been busy preparing for opening day. Our stores will reopen for shopping on June 15, operating from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Our goal is for you to feel safe shopping with us for everyday household necessities and one-of-a-kind finds, and while dropping off reusable goods when responsibly decluttering your home.
With this in mind, we’re sharing some of the actions we are taking to help ensure the health and wellbeing of our shoppers, our team members, and the communities we serve. The next time you are able to visit, your shopping and donating experience will look a bit different.
Here’s what you can expect when shopping at Re-Use-It and Re-Build-It after July 1, 2021:
- Face masks are recommended inside our stores
- Hand sanitizer and masks are available for every customer at the store entrance.
- We’ve removed merchandise displays on our sales floors for a safe shopping experience that supports physical distancing.
- Stores will limit the number of shoppers inside at any given time and will dial up the capacity as Public Health Orders allow. Our fitting rooms are now open.
- Our team members will be wearing protective gear for the protection of everyone.
- If you aren’t feeling well, we kindly ask that you stay home and take care of yourself. We’ll be here when you feel better.
We always want you, your fellow shoppers and our donors to feel welcome and have a great experience with us. Donations are now being accepted at both Re-Use-It and Re-Build-It centres seven days a week. For the safety of our staff, our community and our wildlife we ask that you DO NOT DUMP donations outside our scheduled hours (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.). Your donations make a huge difference in our community, build Whistler’s circular economy, and keep waste out of our landfill.
Thank you for your support as our teams work hard to make our stores and donation centres a safe place for community. We will continue to listen to advice from local health and government officials, as well as feedback from our team and our customers, as we consider how we can best serve you while helping to limit the spread of COVID-19. Your health and safety are what matters most.
Look out for one another and be kind, be calm, be safe.
Lots of love,
Your WCSS Store teams