As Crankworx returns to town this August the Whistler Community Services Society (WCSS) Food Bank is running our annual Foodworx competition for the 11th year!
Each business that registers to participate before August 1st will automatically be entered in a draw to win two VIP Joyride tickets, courtesy of Crankworx! Remember to sign up to be entered in the draw!
What is Foodworx?
Foodworx is a friendly contest between local businesses to collect the largest amount of funds and food for our Food Bank. The winner is judged by the ratio of funds/food weight per employee collected between August 9th – 21st, even if you are a small business it is a level playing field. The winner will be crowned Foodworx champion which comes with bragging rights and great prizes!
How does my business benefit from signing up?
By accepting this challenge, we offer your staff a variety of amazing local grand prizes, prize draws during competition, social media promotion for your business, as well as the title of 2019 Foodworx Champion! In addition, WCSS can offer your team a complimentary wellness session with one of our Outreach workers outlining the mental health and support services that are available in our community.
- Food and funds collected until 5 pm, Wednesday, August 21st will be accepted.
- Please send WCSS your total number of employees, the amount raised will be divided by the number of employees. This will ensure that even a small business can fairly compete against larger ones.
- Businesses must provide an alternate contact name and phone number if the main organizer will not be there past 5 pm on Thursday, August 22nd and make sure that they know where the food/funds are for pick up. The WCSS truck will come and pick up donations on Thursday, August 22nd.
- $1=2 pounds of food(donated money goes far in this competition!)
- Have fun and get creative! Put out a donation bin for customers or use your products to raise funds, e.g. a percentage of certain sales could go to your Foodworx donations during the week of collection.
1st Prize – Whistler Blackcomb Summer Mountain Top Feast and Sightsee Tickets for 30 people, local and social media recognition as the Foodworx 2019 Champion and our awesome Foodworx Trophy to display for the year!
2nd Prize – TBA
3rd Prize – Scandinave Spa Access Passes for four people
How do I sign my business up for Foodworx?
Please email Cara at email@example.com to register as a participating business!
Below are some statistics to share with your employees and visitors regarding our Food Bank demand:
- In 2018, our Food Bank handed out food 2773 times
- 677 of those were for children
- 70% of our food bank clients accessed food 3 times or less in 2019
- The people who use our services on an on-going basis are most often families and those dealing with illness or injury.